Why choose Independent Roofing Systems?
You’ve seen our site and our work, and you know our promises. We have quality people, materials, and equipment, meaning we provide a quality roofing job the first time. We provide solid bids to do the work right, no shortcuts, and we are committed to customer satisfaction. Other companies make similar promises when they bid your project, but very few actually live up to them.
When choosing your contractor, ask the hard questions and get references to back them up.
- Do you have experience with jobs of similar size and complexity? How often do your projects come in on time? Have you ever had an unrealistic deadline on a job? How did you handle it?
- How long will the project take? Do you have references to vouch for similar sized projects completed on time and on budget?
- Have you ever been late on a job? How did you remedy it?
- Have unexpected changes occurred on a major project? How were they remedied? Do you have references to vouch for the remedies?
Work and Services
- Thermography Analysis (Infrared Moisture Spectral Analysis)
- 24/7 On-call Emergency Service
- Security Clearance Projects
- Roof Inspection
- Roof Restoration
- Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Modified Built-up Roofing (MOD)
- Single-Ply Roofing
- Standing Seam Roofing
- Specialty Waterproofing
- Specialty Coating
Manufacturers and Products
In addition to fabricating custom roofing, Independent Roofing Systems utilizes quality materials from manufacturers such as:
- Architectural Building Components
- Johns Manville
- JP Stevens
- Siplast, Genflex
- Suprema, Hickman
Our Experience Modification Rate (EMR) is currently 0.63 and has been under a 1.0 for 8 years in a row. Our employees are trained and we have a dedicated Safety Officer committed to ensuring safety requirements are followed on every job.
Licensed to Work
Independent Roofing Systems is licensed to work in the following states, in addition to states that do not require licensing such as Texas and Georgia.
- National Roofing Contractors Association
- Mississippi Roofing Contractors Association
- Association of Building Contractors
- The Better Business Bureau of Mississippi, Inc.
About the company
Company president Jimmy Hunter founded Independent Roofing Systems, Inc., in 1980 in Jackson, MS. In the decades since, the company has become a premier roofing contractor in the Southeast, with annual gross revenues exceeding 12 million dollars. Independent Roofing Systems is known for taking on projects that other roofing contractors might consider too large or complicated for them. Some of the company’s larger projects are the most unique in Mississippi, which include the Beau Rivage Resort and Casino, the Jackson Coliseum, MCI World Headquarters, and the Grand Gulf Nuclear Power Plant. The differentiators most valued by Independent Roofing Systems are the quality and diversity of their products and roofing solutions, the quality of employees, the quality of their work, and their level of service. Jimmy Hunter sums it up when he says, “Pride in our workmanship and commitment to our customers are the core values of the company.”